Pioneer Club Adventure Camp 2017
What is camp?
Pioneer Club Adventure Camp is a 3-day, 2-night camp for 3rd - 6th graders sponsored by First Presbyterian Church. Pioneer Camp is a well-loved tradition in our town for the kids to get away a few days before the start of school to play crazy games, go on hikes, climb the high ropes, paddle down the Little Miami, and learn about God through Bible exploration and evening vespers. We hope that you will consider sending your children to camp this year!
This year's theme is "Heroes: what's your power?" Along with our typical adventure activities, campers will also enjoy competing in teams at superhero events and learning more about how God has given them unique gifts, talents, and skills to change the world.
Who: children who completed 3rd grade through those who have completed 6th grade.
(High School & Adult Leaders are invited by invitation from FPC Youth Committee only and require additional screening and paperwork.)
Where: 4-H Camp Clifton – 2256 Clifton Road, Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Drop-off: Monday, July 31st 9:20-9:40 AM at Camp Clifton
Pick-up: Wednesday, August 2nd at 5 PM, check-out will follow dinner.
Camp Fee: $125 per camper ($25 minimum deposit). 5% family discount if registered before May 1st!
Registration and payment is online this year! All forms must be complete before your child can participate in our Adventure Camp Activates. A completed registration will include...
- Digital registration (You're here! Scroll down!)
- Printed First Presbyterian Church Medical & Liability Release Form
- Printed Camp Clifton Liability Release Form
- Paid $25 deposit Online OR paper checks can be made out to First Presbyterian Church - PO Box P. S Charleston, OH 45368)
- Balance must be paid before camp.
Register by July 1st to ensure we have enough space and supplies to accommodate all of our campers. The earlier you register, the less grey hairs Joe gets. :)
Scholarships available based on need and availability. A form is available during the registration process for financial assistance. Our goal is to make it possible for any kid to come to camp! If $125 represents a financial burden for your family, go ahead and register (paying the $25 deposit) and if scholarship funds are inadequate for your needs, we'll issue a refund for your deposit.
Code of Discipline
Basic expectations of children:
- Respect the camp and its property.
- Respect and obey the camp leaders.
- Keep hands and feet to oneself.
- Speak kindly to others and offer encouragement.
- Follow the buddy system at all times
Consequences for disobedience:
- 1st offence – verbal warning is given.
- 2nd offence – removal from the group (time out).
- 3rd offence – a phone call will be made to parent(s).
- 4th offence – parent(s) will need to pick up the child from camp.
Note to Parents:
Parents: please keep the following in mind: * Our camp staff consists of volunteers from our church. * If your child becomes sick, we will need to contact you; please keep your phone close by with the volume turned up for the duration of camp, * Pick up and check-out occurs after our family dinner and presentation on the last day of camp; we would love for you to be here to share that special time with your kids.
A note from Joe:
This will be my 5th year of Adventure Camp! It's bittersweet that this will be my and Cori Beth's last camp. Just a few weeks after camp, Cori and I will be moving to Kentucky to begin preparations to serve as missionaries overseas. You can follow our journey and learn more at youthminforthewin.com . We're committed to doing everything we can to make this last year of camp for us a great one for your kids! In future years, Rachel Baldauff will be taking over the leadership of Pioneer Clubs at First Presbyterian Church. If you have any questions, let me know!
- $125Camper 24 remaining
- $75Full-Time High School Leader Sold Out
- $50Full-Time Adult Leader 1 remaining
- $30Part-Time Leader / Canoe Trip Volunteer 2 remaining
- 5% off for each Camper, Full-Time High School Leader, and Full-Time Adult Leader after the 1st